WELCOME!

Hi there! Welcome to my very miscellaneous blog. Here, I write about everything from mis-used words to gardening, to bad habits in society to going places and seeing things! Enjoy my ramblings.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Garden Update

Things are a-growin' in the vegetable garden.  Not as fast as I would have thought, but they are growing, and starting to make obvious progress.


My eggplant is finally of a size to actually be seen in the plant pot, although, it seems something unseen is eating at its leaves.


There is one corn plant that is really taking off skyward!  It is now about as tall as the 12" marker flag next to it:



The tomatoes are a poppin' out:




And last but not least, the bell peppers have now put in an appearance:



And so the garden grows.  I don't know if we got "old" seeds, or a lot of 'duds' in the package, or what, but of 8 eggplant seeds that were sown, I have but one plant; of 24 corn seeds that were sown, I have but 5 plants, only 1 of which (shown in today's post) has reached any size;  and of a small handfull of green onion seeds sown, I have gotten no plants at all. 
 

I make no claims or pretenses of being any kind of expert gardener.  The class I took years back was about landscaping and ornamental plants, not vegetables.  This veggie garden was planted more or less as an experiment.  So, I'll sow another round, in an attempt to have a continuous harvest, but judging from current results, I don't know if that will work.  C'est la vie!

2 comments:

  1. Where do you live? I think that in Ohio it is too soon to plant veggies, but perhaps that is because I wouldn't be caught dead in a garden with anything other than a gin and tonic in my hand! love to you! m

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Molly.. We are in northern CA, in the East Bay. Already having days hitting 80 degrees!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors